Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Plainfield Church Members – Furthering the Cause

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Plainfield Church Members – Furthering the Cause

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kerry
    Participant

In Science, there is one man, manifested through infinite, individual works. Since coming to the Plainfield Church I have witnessed this first-hand, in the harmonious and diligent activities of its members, as they work in the one Mind, to forward the cause of Christian Science. Delving into the Lesson this week, I found something unexpected, which caused me to reflect on one of the things that so appealed to me about the Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent – the alertness of the membership in their active watching and praying over a sleeping world. It seemed that I had always wanted to be a part of this, over a lifetime as a Christian Scientist.

“The Call of Duty” by M.S.B., Christian Science Sentinel, December 26, 1903

(excerpt)

“Take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”

We know that in military campaigns the most important work is the persistent drill in which soldiers learn the methods of warfare and obedience to those in command. History has often recorded the victory of a few well disciplined soldiers over a large body of raw recruits.

As working Christian Scientists, we should not be found sleeping at the post of duty, but awake and doing, and as soldiers in a common cause we should be loyal and obedient to our Leader. We should never allow ourselves to fall into a state of apathy, indifference, or discouragement; since each of us has work to do that no other can do for us. We need to heed well the text on our Sentinel as it comes to us every week, “What I say unto you, I say unto all, Watch.”

Murad A
    Participant

I appreciate this post very much, especially upon returning from a “vacation” the root word of which is:
    vac- empty, evacuate, vacancy, vacant, vacate, vacuous, vacuum. freedom, exemption, a being free from duty.
    Thank you, it is good to be home!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.