Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

pondered them in her heart

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Christian Science – December 25th, 2016 pondered them in her heart

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19.

“…memory-she kept all these things; her affections-she kept them in her heart; her intellect-she pondered them; so that memory, affection, and understanding, were all exercised about the things which she had heard.” Spurgeon

Ponder: To weigh in the mind; (Websters 1828)

I love how this line is quietly put into the middle of this story. It is profound lesson. My practitioner reminded me of the importance of feeding the soul. What Mary is doing is a good model for feeding our spirit on God’s Word. It means to me to remember our blessings, regard the word and to take it into out heart. One thing I continually work on is assimilating what I am learning here so that is becomes a part of me. We try not to be careless about what food we eat so why would we do anything less for our souls. Mrs. Eddy writes in Pulpit and Press p. 21,”Only what feeds and fills the sentiment with unworldliness, can give peace and good will towards men.”

Feed: supply, nourish (Websters 1828)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.