Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Prep School

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

“We are put on earth a space that we might learn to bear the beams of love.” (paraphrased from William Blake)

“The hour of darkness will come to those who improve not the preparatory school of the present, to fit them for the future, but would step suddenly into all the benefits of experience . . .” (Science & Health, Mrs. Glover, 1875 edition, 198)

This “now” moment is the “preparatory school of the present”.

“[T]he science of Life . . . enables us to come out from the world and be separate; to reach the moral distance between Life that is Spirit and the supposed life of matter, and live apart from all that is sickness, sin, or death. ” (Ibid, p 212).

In proportion to the determination and perseverance with which I attend to the things of Spirit here and now, the death-grip of the five senses will tremble and falter until its strength is utterly exhausted.

The more I refuse to play hooky from this prep school and its required courses, the more prepared I am for the hereafter.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.