Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"… be present in your thoughts."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Adam and Fallen Man – November 10th, 2019 "… be present in your thoughts."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Let the perfect model be present in your thoughts instead of its demoralized opposite. This spiritualization of thought lets in the light, and brings the divine Mind, Life not death, into your consciousness.” By Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health, page 407

“Demoralize: To corrupt or undermine the morals of; to destroy or lessen the effect of moral principles on; to render corrupt in morals.

Corrupt: To change from a sound to a putrid state; to change from good to bad. To waste. To defile or pollute. To entice from good and allure to evil. To pervert; to break, disobey or make void.’ Websters 1828 Dictionary

This citation stood out to me this week because of our instruction during the Roundtable on November 3rd about obedience to God in our thought and being non-resistant. Part of this rebellious attitude insists on the negative instead of keeping Truth active in thinking. This negative thinking was described as “trains of thought” that are “hard to turn around” when indulged in, such as fear, self condemnation, worry, resentment, etc. Looking up the above definitions hit home.

spencel
    Participant

“Mrs. Eddy once said, ’Error says we are sick or discouraged; we don’t say it. It is error talking about itself. If we admit it, we have accepted a lie.‛ … ‘I must know that the definition of man in Science and Health applies to me. I am that spiritual man; I am God’s image and likeness, reflecting a full, perfect image of Life, Mind, action, etc., not under material laws or limitations.‛” from 500 Watching Points by Gilbert Carpenter, Watch 143

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.