Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Present your bodies

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Sacrament – July 10th, 2016 Present your bodies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“Paul had a clear sense of the demands of Truth upon mortals physically and spiritually, when he said: ‘Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.’ But he, who is begotten of the beliefs of the flesh and serves then, can never reach in this world the divine heights of our Lord.” (S&H) This is such an interesting statement – to present your BODIES a living sacrifice. I sometimes ask myself this question – am I giving my body wholly in service to God? Do I trust him for all my needs in this regard? Do I trust Him to feed, clothe etc. and to keep my body in perfect working order? Or am I looking to matter and material laws for this aid – always checking, probing, weighing, exercising? If so I will never reach the “divine heights of our Lord.” We are also admonished to be “absent from the body and present with the Lord.” In service to Him – this is always the best and only way to live. Sing and memorize hymn #324. It is a wonderful reminder to present our entire self in total obedience to Our Maker!

chardelle

Thank you. I have thought about how to give my body as a reasonable living sacrifice and then be absent from this body…give it and then let it be … be with God. I like the hymn because it tells us HOW to do this and then my favorite part ,”I am Thine, and I will be EVER, ONLY ALL FOR THEE.” What I am learning is not only to see my own body differently, but the bodies of others. As Mary Baker Eddy has said, One God, One body, One activity.

spencel
    Participant

‘Present your bodies a living sacrifice’ I never gave much thought to this powerful statement. Thank you for expanding on it.

I love the citation in our lesson from I Peter 2 : 5 , “Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.”

Many translations state that “lively stones” can be also “living stones”

“Christian Science, rightly understood, leads to eternal harmony. It brings to light the only living and true God and man as made in His likeness;” Science and Health p. 338
    These lessons have given me such a new sense of the living God and the importance of recognizing this fact.

Living: vital functions in operation; not dead. Producing action, animation and vigor, opposed to stagnant.
    Dead: Perfectly still; motionless. Empty; vacant; Unemployed; useless; unprofitable. Dull; inactive; (Which Elijah proved Baal was)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.