Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Process of Healing

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Process of Healing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

While reading out daily calendar statement today (Oct. 16th) I noticed the featured article, “Process of Healing” by Martha Wilcox. It was short and to the point and exactly what I needed to hear. I have been working toward a physical healing for several years now and have fallen into the trap of focusing on the physical body and looking for the body to heal and this article states so clearly that we just need to be closer to God and aware of the ONE MIND and everything else will take care of itself. I so appreciate all that this church (and all the work of the members)provides and the healing articles that are featured to meet our need. Thank you!

Debra Glidden
    Participant

Dale A,

Thank you for your post!!! It is an angel message for me!!

I too am working toward physical healings for several years. Striving daily not to give up!!

Of late, God kept bringing me back to the 23rd Psalm. Why, I thought. I’ve known the 23rd Psalm all my life. Well, studying the 23rd Psalm more, the following interruption was revealed to me.
    -God supplies all that I need. I always have exactly, what I need. I must be calm and know it, expect it. “Divine Love, always has met and always will meet every human need”. (Science & Health pg. 494: 10-11).
    -God makes my will submit to His. This results in wonderful, peaceful situations, as green pastures are.
    -God’s path for me is peaceful and still so that I may reflect Divine Mind and may see the manifestation of Divine Mind in all I see and experience.
    -God restores me to His perfection and directs my every action according to His will and for His good.
    -Whatever my circumstance, even when my consciousness is not filled with God good and His presence, God is with me and He is working. “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10) “I and my Father are one.” (John 10:30)
    -In the middle of whatever is wrong, God is protecting me.
    -God has chosen me as His beloved child and as such the gifts He gives to me are ever present and abundant. More than I could ever ask for.
    -God’s goodness and mercy are always available to me. I only need to be still and know that He is God and let Him do His work and led every moment of my life.
    The above, allows me to understand how all-encompassing the 23rd Psalm is each time I recite it.

I have also been clinging to The Lord’s Prayer. How grateful I was when a testimony of healing by Mary Baker Eddy, using the 23rd Psalm and the Lord’s Prayer, was read during our September 27, 2020 Roundtable.

It is getting easier to realize that mortal mind is in control of my thoughts when I am continually thinking negative thoughts about a person or situation, including physical problems. Realizing that mortal mind brings its lies tailor made for me to accept them is helping me to identify them as lies. I am starting to be able to turn off these “voices” and I am striving to “Reverse the case. Stand porter at the door of thought. Admitting only such conclusions as you wish realized in bodily results, you will control yourself harmoniously.” (Science & Health 394: 24-27) As mortal mind brings its erroneous thoughts to me, I am better able to turn my thoughts away from them, knowing they are a lie, and fill my thoughts with the Lord’s Prayer, 23rd Psalm and the 1st Commandment.

Always so grateful for God, Christian Science, and loving family!!!

Thank you, Debra! I’m going to print out your response and study all you recommend. We are all God’s children and are perfect and well right now in this moment and cannot be swayed by thoughts that distract from this truth. I’ll be thinking of you as I do my study and am sure that there is a blessing in this study for us both and all other seekers of truth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.