Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Provoke unto love and good works

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Love — August 2nd, 2020 Provoke unto love and good works

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

I could not help thinking about Plainfield Church Independent when I read this passage from Hebrews 10:23,24 “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.”

Provoke–To call into action; to arouse; to excite; to stimulate; to increase; to move; to stir up (Webster’s 1928 dictionary)

I was not aware of Plainfield at the time of the lawsuit by the Board of Directors of the Mother Church or BOD. Upon hearing of their experience the members certainly had to hold steadfastly to God and trust Him knowing that being obedient to the Manual of the Mother Church and Mrs. Eddy’s instructions was their protection. They never wavered and one can feel the strength as a result. And now for those of us that have found Plainfield Church Independent, and others that will follow, are attracted because this church arouses, stimulates, excites and calls into action the desire to know God, trust Him, and know oneself as His child. This in turn has aroused and called me into action, to love mankind which certainly needed stirring within me. Our watches, Roundtable discussions, Bible studies, practitioners, and our amazing website sharing freely to the world the treasures we have to offer, articles, books, music, weekly lesson, weekly forum, etc., is certainly “provoking unto love and to good works.”

I am so grateful to the lesson writers for the powerful lesson on Love.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.