Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Psalm 91

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kerry
    Participant

This is something I found in the Plainfield database and being new to Plainfield hadn’t seen it before, but thought it one of the most beautiful interpretations on Psalm 91, that I have ever read and it is attributed to Mary Baker Eddy. So, I wanted to share for those who already know it and those like me, who had never seen it. With love to you all.

Ninety-First Psalm (In the first person with Scientific interpretation)
    Attributed to Mary Baker Eddy

Psalms 91:1 — I dwell in the secret place of the most High (consciousness of good), and abide under the shadow (protection) of the Almighty.

Psalms 91:2 — I will say of the Lord (Supreme Ruler), He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.

Psalms 91:3 — Surely He shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler (temptation) and from the noisome pestilence (uncleanness, impure thoughts).

Psalms 91:4 — He shall cover me with his feathers (omnipresence), and under His wings (omnipotence) shall I trust: His Truth (omniscience) shall be my shield and buckler (defense).

Psalms 91:5 — I shall not be afraid for the terror by night (mental malpractice); nor for the arrow (aggressive mental suggestion) that flieth by day;

Psalms 91:6 — Nor for the pestilence (mental contagion) that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Psalms 91:7 — A thousand (false beliefs) shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come nigh me.

Psalms 91:8 — Only with my eyes (personal sense) shall I behold and see the reward of the wicked (unrighteousness).

Psalms 91:9 — Because I have made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, my habitation;

Psalms 91:10 — There shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague (inharmony) come nigh my dwelling.

Psalms 91:11 — For He shall give his angels (spiritual intuitions) charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.

Psalms 91:12 — They shall bear me up in their hands (power of right thoughts), lest I dash my foot against a stone (belief in matter).

Psalms 91:13 — I shall tread upon the lion (animal courage) and adder (subtlety): the young lion (blind enthusiasm, mortal will) and the dragon (malicious animal instinct) I shall trample under my feet (understanding).

Psalms 91:14 — Because I have set my love upon Him, therefore will He deliver me: He will set me on high (spiritual exaltation), because I have known His name (manifested His nature).

Psalms 91:15 — I will call upon Him and He will answer me; He will be with me in trouble (human experience); He will deliver me and honor me (manifest Himself through me).

Psalms 91:16 — With long life (immortal being) will He satisfy me and show me His salvation (preservation).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.