Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Real Security Only Found In Science

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – February 12th, 2017 Real Security Only Found In Science

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

232 : 3-8
    Many theories relative to God and man neither make man harmonious nor God lovable. The beliefs we commonly entertain about happiness and life afford no scatheless and permanent evidence of either. Security for the claims of harmonious and eternal being is found only in divine Science. Emphasis added.

In Science we learn that whatever occupies our thinking is likely to out picture in our experience. Hence a sinful, fearful consciousness which believes in evil as real (and often more in it than it trusts in God) is likely to experience uncertain fearful circumstances. We are to obey and trust God’s Allness and deny all else!

These from the Blue Book pgs. 79 and 63 respectively are helpful:

May the allness of God, Love, and the nothingness of aught else serve to cover the question of your protection, and the allness of good, and the powerlessness and non-existence of evil be the reality of your thought.

Prayer For Yourself: I am the child of God. His care and love surround me. Animal magnetism cannot reach me to make me fear or be afraid. (Emphasis added).

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you – excellent!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.