Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Reality-Higher States and Stages of Consciousness

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality — September 26th, 2021 Reality-Higher States and Stages of Consciousness

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kerry
    Participant

… “the words of the prophet Elisha, “Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them;” also these words from Science and Health, page 570, “Millions of unprejudiced minds—simple seekers for Truth, weary wanderers, athirst in the desert—are waiting and watching for rest and drink.” As the eyes of the young man were opened to see the chariots of fire around the prophet Elisha, so were mine opened to see that divine Love was protecting the messenger of Truth to this age, and my fear of prejudice was rebuked. A little later, I found that the Journal which this gentleman prized contained an article from your pen,—a letter which you had sent to the Church in Concord, rebuking the human sense that would assume there was healing virtue in the flowers which you sent from Pleasant View, because they came from you. Faithfully and unselfishly you are ever turning our thought to Spirit, God, who clothes the lilies in their glory and is the Giver of all good.”(Letters to our Leader, Minnie A. Scott, Sentinel (June 10, 1905)

I am so grateful for Mrs. Eddy, “the messenger of Truth to this age” for giving us Christian Science, which allows us to step up into a higher, spiritual sense of Reality – higher “states and stages of consciousness.” (Science and Health, page 573, 11-12)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.