Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Receiving sight

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

4. Mark 10
    51 And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
    52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

I was thinking about the difference between this healing of a blind man, and the one from our previous lesson (December 24th, 2017).

4. John 9 : 1-7
    6 … he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
    7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

In last week’s example, before healing could occur, it seemed that material sense needed to be washed away – both from that blind man and also from the disciples, who asked, “Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?” This week, however, it seems that the blind man, and all those around, were ready for the healing presence of the Christ.

In Plainfield, I have encountered these stages of receiving sight:

First stage (with suffering): This is where old beliefs need to be washed away before being able to understand what Christian Science is teaching. Even now there are times when something is uncovered that needs to be removed before I can “see” and I am very grateful for practitioner support during those times.

Second stage (with Science): At some point I started to also be able to take in some of these new concepts and apply them in daily life, with little more than an earnest desire to “receive my sight” just as Bartimeus.

Third stage (as directed by spiritual sense): Here it seems, with that sight received (even if only in limited areas) we are called by God to help others to see. I am so thankful to this church for providing the Forum, Testimony meetings, Bible Studies, and Roundtable discussions, where I can work through all three stages simultaneously with fellow members.

It’s a wonderful apprenticeship that Plainfield provides. Thank you for these lessons!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.