Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Recognize Man's Spiritual Being

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality – March 27th, 2016 Recognize Man's Spiritual Being

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Gary.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Simply put, I must recognize man’s spiritual being for myself and everyone. In order NOT to be fooled by the supposed something that claims to be real, I MUST accept the reality of man’s perfection (that is the real man) and persist in this view contrary to all the false senses that come. If this seems so difficult, it still does not mean it is NOT the reality. How to gain some ground in attaining this position is also given us in the Lesson:

SH 254 Individuals are consistent who, watching and praying, can “run, and not be weary; …walk, and not faint,” who gain good rapidly and hold their position, or attain slowly and yield not to discouragement. (CONSISTENCY and PERSISTENCE).
    SH 272 This sense is assimilated only as we are honest, unselfish, loving, and meek. In the soil of an “honest and good heart” the seed must be sown; else it beareth not much fruit, for the swinish element in human nature uproots it. ( WE MUST PREPARE THOUGHT TO RECEIVE).

chardelle

This has become a very important point for me and I feel sure that if I am unable to see God’s man correctly and as Christ saw all mankind, I will never understand who I really am in God’s kingdom. Thank you for the the two guidelines from Science and Health, and I like, “WE MUST PREPARE THOUGHT TO RECEIVE”. I usually just jump right in thinking about God’s man, but preparing my thought in prayer will help me to understand that, “man is pure and holy”.

Gary
    Participant

I believe that this is an important part of what Paul meant when he wrote to the Romans: “Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Yes, it is work, but to transform myself by renewing my mind (bringing it back to its original state, a reflection of God, the only Mind) is the only way I can see what is real and true.

One important point is not to covet or compete. The good that others have is theirs, and there is infinite good to go around. If I am doing what God wants me to do, He gives me everything I need with which to do it, and that is sufficient. Spirit, God is All, and is the source of everything good and real, and when I keep that in thought, I can never lack anything good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.