Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

reconciled to God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

II Corinthians 5 : 16-20
    16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
    17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

From our website dictionary in part: reconciled is to be adjusted, made consistent.
    and this is all done through Christ Jesus. Take heart we are made new. We are in Christ and we can claim this gift of grace. While pondering this it came to me that we must do this every day… my old theology understanding was that if you didn’t get it at a certain point you missed it. Not so! It is never too late to be reconciled to God through Christ Jesus.

Florence
    Participant

I have been thinking about the ministry of reconciliation and what it means.In simple terms what comes to thought is to do this work with the tenderness, love and compassion with which He draws all to Himself. To be diligent in being an example to help others find the true understanding of God and thus find what is true about themselves,to love God and be willing to live His laws. God loves all His children and is ever ready for us if we turn with our hearts to Him.

chardelle

Thank you! I was thinking about this too and you put into words what is in my heart.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.