Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Redeemed If We Trust

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 18th, 2019 Redeemed If We Trust

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.” PSALM 34 : 22
    REDEE’M, verb transitive [Latin redimo; red, re, and emo, to obtain or purchase.]
    1. To purchase back; to ransom; to liberate or rescue from captivity or bondage, or from any obligation or liability to suffer or to be forfeited, by paying an equivalent; as, to redeem prisoners or captured goods; to redeem a pledge.
    2. To repurchase what has been sold; to regain possession of a thing alienated, by repaying the value of it to the possessor.

Our real identity, as children of God, can remain obscured in bondage to the false material senses or appear lost, if we do not trust in our Redeemer. Our faith in Him is what gives us that redeeming grace! Let’s keep seeking and cultivating stronger faith in God, so we may know our true identity. How wonderful a promise this is … “Take heart, dear sufferer, for this reality of being will surely appear sometime and in some way. There will be no more pain, and all tears will be wiped away. When you read this, remember Jesus’ words, “The kingdom of God is within you.” This spiritual consciousness is therefore a present possibility.

chardelle

Thank you for this post. I have come to love the last quotes. To know that this spiritual consciousness is already a present possibility is a wonderful truth that Mrs. Eddy shared because of her understanding of what John wrote in Revelation. It seems to me that only through Christian Science can mankind be awakened to what we are meant to claim under God’s dominion and how the Christ is drawing all of us to Him. ” Take heart, dear sufferer….” As I work through my own issues and pray each day to love God more, listen, and then to follow Him, I then do my best and know that He loves me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.