Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Rejoice evermore

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

8. I Thessalonians 5
    16 Rejoice evermore.
    17 Pray without ceasing.
    18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
    21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Before coming to Christian Science, I thought if I worked hard and did well by my family that eventually I would learn to be happy. Yet, in reading this, joy is first, and then comes the activity. What a complete negation of my former thought! So many writings this church offers back this order up.

“…the joy of the Lord is your strength.” — Nehemiah 8: 10

WATCH lest you attempt to do anything in Christian Science from any standpoint except that of joy. – Watching Point 1 from 500 Watching Points by Gilbert Carpenter

In the spirit of Christ’s charity, as one who “hopeth all things, endureth all things,” and is joyful to bear consolation to the sorrowing and healing to the sick, she commits these pages to honest seekers for Truth.Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, page xii

While most of human teaching tells us to “fake it ’til you make it,” Christian Science shows us how to live joyously now because we are learning to come into alignment with Truth, Love, and Life. I am so grateful for this wonderful change in my life, as I have already found that a godless life is a steady decline devoid of hope, fulfillment, and joy. Christian Science is the only way! Thank you!

Florence
    Participant

The joy of the Lord is my strength… Nehemiah. This was a calendar post last week as well. It had me thinking that, the false sense of fatigue can be overcome with such a simple statement taken into the heart. If I am joyful first it means I know all good has already been done; it really also affirms my trust in God’s Allness; His Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience and Omni-Action.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.