Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Requirements for Healing

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deder
    Participant

In reference to Bible citation 4. II Kings 5: 1-4, 9-15 (to 2nd : )

One valuable lesson I have learned through my study in the Plainfield Church is that healing, comes with responsibility.
    When working with a practitioner in particular, there are certain requirements, for example:

Humility– I must be humble enough to ask for help in the first place, and I must also keep in mind that I do not know all and I do not know best.
    Obedience– I must be open and obedient to what the practitioner instructs.

Fulfilling these two requirements alone has brought about tremendous healing for me, strengthening my understanding and bringing me closer to God.

When Naaman was obedient, he was healed immediately, and completely.
    To me this is like the difference between covering up a mess temporarily (getting a quick fix) and clearing it up for good (being truly healed).

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by deder.
    jacob45
    Participant

It is no small matter for mortal mind and physical sense-based consciousness to realize reality, the glorious reality of Love´s Allness! I must teach myself to be obedient to Truth, and listen and hear it. I spend time, in bed and during the day, meditating on these things; nothing exists except the divine Mind and its ideas. Nothing exists! All the trouble and mayhem and suffering…it does not exist, period.
    What a glorious realization. My Mind knows it not, my Mind is happy, free, joyful, harmonious, my Mind sings. (not so fast, there still are stumblings and work to do, LOL.)

Florence
    Participant

This verse supports the need for humility: Job 22: 29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.

Claiming and staying in the right Mind is huge in our growth. I have found this a great help in keeping thought uplifted and that helps in the recognition of mortal mind’s lies. I am the manifestation of Mind, there is no other real Mind. In the right Mind we can do what this citation says p 419 Meet every adverse circumstance as its master. Observe mind instead of body, lest aught unfit for development enter thought. Think less of material conditions and more of spiritual.

Another quality worth cherishing is patience, “patience in well doing.” It proves one has faith in the healing power of Christ even if results are not evident yet. We wait not doubting but trusting God’s comfort and might forever near to see us through.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.