Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

right talking wrong acting

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – July 24th, 2016 right talking wrong acting

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

9. “Right is radical. The teacher must know the truth himself. He must live it and love it, or he cannot impart it to others…Expect to heal simply by repeating the author’s words, by right talking and wrong acting, and you will be disappointed.” S. & H. p. 452

I can see why so many years I made no progress because of the habit of “right talking and wrong acting.” Coming here I see that I lacked the moral courage based on this Science and a relationship with God. Nothing compares to the results of learning how to live God’s Word. I am learning that there is no way around but step by step growth in the knowledge of our God.

“We now read the Bible with the understanding that each promise is for us individually, here and now, if the re­quired conditions are being fulfilled by us. There are no promises in the Bible that are not given on conditions. Let us consider a few of the promises, ‘All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies’ (Ps. 25 : 10). ‘Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:’ (Isa. 26 :3)…’the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance for­ever’ (Isa. 32 : 17). See the promises and conditions in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, particularly Matt. 5 :3-11. His words (teachings) are spirit and are life to each one of us, in just the ratio of our putting them into actual practice, in our daily life. Mrs. Eddy says, ‘He worked for their guidance, that they might demonstrate this power as he did, and understand his Principle’ (S. & H., p. 330). This is true of all his teachings, they are of benefit to us only in the proportion of our putting them into prac­tical use in our daily life.” by A. P. BLACKLER, Nov. Journal 1900

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by spencel.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by JeremyRyanPalmer.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.