Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Rise up and follow thee

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Sacrament – January 14th, 2018 Rise up and follow thee

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.” (Matthew) I have always been touched by this story and the example of these simple fisherman who were willing to drop everything, all earthly plans and belongings, to follow Christ Jesus, without any reservations, recognizing his teachings as the “pearl of great price.” Years ago, before and also during the time of the law case proceedings, there were many who left their homes and jobs to move to Plainfield to become part of this holy mission. In those days we did not have our far-reaching website which now allows our out-of-town people to become more active members. There is much to be said however, for that willing state of thought which is humbly ready to leave all for Christ and to have in their hearts the earnest question, “Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?” (Acts)
    “In simple trust like theirs who heard, Beside the Syrian sea, The gracious calling of the Lord, Let us, like them, without a word Rise up and follow thee.” (HYMN #49)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.