Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Rising With The Light

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality — September 27th, 2020 Rising With The Light

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

“But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.” (Proverbs 4:18)

“I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12, emphasis added)

The scriptures above teach that light is something not simply to be looked at or appreciated, but something to be followed, to be walked in, helping me understand the promises in Isaiah chapter 60:

“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.”

To illumine earth, the sun does not turn itself on like a spotlight, nor does it attain its high-noon position in a sudden leap from below the horizon but appears gradually by degrees as day progresses.

As faith without works is dead, so light that is not followed is darkness. Arising and shining is not a sudden sunburst, but a step-by-step ascension up Jacob’s ladder of light, each step brighter than the last.

“The spiritually minded meet on the stairs which lead up to spiritual love.” Not on horizontal ground, but a stairway. Thus, I have to keep moving, walking in the light as He is in the light, onward and upward!
    (Retrospection and Introspection, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 76)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.