Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Rubies

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Pupko
    Participant

Pro. 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above ru­bies.

The first time I read that verse was after studying Christian Science for a while and it made me think of Mary Baker Eddy. Seeing this verse in this weeks lesson inspired me to read the whole chapter and it certainly reflects our great Leader as does Abigail’s loving humility and wisdom.

Florence
    Participant

Virtuous :1. Morally good; acting in conformity to the moral law; practicing the moral duties, and abstaining from vice; as a virtuous man.
    2. Being in conformity to the moral or divine law; as a virtuous action; a virtuous life.
    Certainly a quality inherent in the real “man” hence demonstrable by both men and women. Good to ponder what is naturally us to help put off the errors about man.

Michael Pupko
    Participant

Here the inspired record closes its narrative of being that is without beginning or end. All that is made is the work of God, and all is good. We leave this brief, glorious history of spiritual creation (as stated in the first chapter of Genesis) in the hands of God, not of man, in the keeping of Spirit, not matter, — joyfully acknowledging now and forever God’s supremacy, omnipotence, and omnipresence.
    The harmony and immortality of man are intact. We should look away from the opposite supposition that man is created materially, and turn our gaze to the spiritual record of creation, to that which should be engraved on the understanding and heart “with the point of a diamond” and the pen of an angel. S&H 521:4

Here is how the second paragraph reads in the 1886, 19th edition of Science and Health page 447;
    When I glance at the opposite supposition, that man is created from matter, I only turn my eyes for a moment from the spiritual record of creation; for that record is engraven on my understanding and heart with the point of a diamond and the pen of an angel.
    My experience at death’s door, the portal of the unknown,- wherein I found Life instead of death,- dimly shadowed forth the grand verities of the sacred page, causing me thereafter to speak and write more than personal sense can discern.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.