Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Satan falls fast

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God — January 2nd, 2022 Satan falls fast

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ldshap
    Participant

“. . . I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven” (Luke 10:18 – Citation #6)

Jesus’ words to “the seventy,” upon their return “with joy” that their casting out of devils was successful, indicate the quick destruction of error. His healings were instantaneous, as was the case in the healing of the man in the synagogue “with a spirit of an unclean devil,” and the healing of Peter’s mother-in-law, and as was the case with Mrs. Eddy, which is made clear in The Healer, by David L. Keyston.

“When we become conscious only of harmony, then discord, sickness, sin, evil, devil, or Satan drops from our consciousness just as darkness vanishes when light appears; and whenever an instantaneous healing, whether of sin or sickness, takes place in Christian Science, these words of Jesus are renewedly fulfilled, ‘I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven’” (“Instantaneous Healing,” CSS, 11/26, 1910, Elizabeth L. East).

“Lightning is swift, but not so swift as the operation of Christian Science…” (“The Heavenly Origin of Man,” CSS, 5/16/1953, Robert Ellis Key).

Izzy_S
    Participant

I had not considered this before but it is so true, thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.