Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Science

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“The first demand of this Science is, ‘Thou shalt have no other gods before me.'” S. & H. by Mary Baker Eddy

Science (Webster’s 1828) :

1. In a general sense, knowledge, or certain knowledge; the comprehension or understanding of truth or facts by the mind. The science of God must be perfect.

2. In philosophy, a collection of the general principles or leading truths relating to any subject. Pure science as the mathematics, is built on self-evident truths;

3. Art derived from precepts or built on principles.

Participating at Plainfield is helping me understand the “Christian” aspect of Christian Science and also the “Science” aspect of it. I am finding in my daily life results (proof) as I practice the principles and precepts, correctly and clearly explained here. The word Science seemed abstract to me. Not really grasping the rules I was just memorizing statements, repeating words without the spirit. One thing that was lacking was a deeper biblical background so integral to this Science. As the confusion and veil is lifting, words I read over and over for so many years, mean so much more to me now.

“The term Science, properly understood, refers only to the laws of God and to His government of the universe, inclusive of man.” S. & H. by Mary Baker Eddy

Mrs. Eddy refers to Christian Science as the, “Science of God’s unchangeable law”, and “Science of God and man”

“So we have goodness and beauty to gladden the heart; but man, left to the hypotheses of material sense unexplained by Science, is as the wandering comet or the desolate star — ‘a weary searcher for a viewless home.'” S. & H. by Mary Baker Eddy

Florence
    Participant

So I can know that God’s laws, the laws of health, holiness, harmony, right activity, right accomplishment, justice all things good and Love govern me. How wonderful is that? This is why Christian Science understood should make us extremely grateful and joyful as we journey for even greater conviction of the Truth.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.