Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Seek Ye The Kingdom of God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Substance – September 10th, 2017 Seek Ye The Kingdom of God

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12

In Dominion Within by Rev. G. A. Kratzer, the chapter, Rejoicing in Tribulation, he writes of the importance of learning to depend on God for all our support, “In the Scriptures, we are exhorted…. to ‘seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness.’…. Love, joy and peace which we think we have because of a hold upon certain material possessions, or because of relations socially agreeable, though nonspiritual, with certain people, are not the genuine article; they are counterfeit; they rest upon the wrong foundation. But love, joy, and peace, which we know to be based upon God, and which we hold because we are conscious of right relations with Him, these are the desirable states of consciousness which constitute the only true riches. ” and “…a man can never really know whether he is strong in Spirit, if he has never been tried by having human and material foundations for confidence swept away from him.”

When I started to participate at Plainfield I was searching for a deeper relationship with God and one of the first lessons I had to learn was to lean on God. Experiences came where many things fell apart and it forced me to truly turn to God for help. At the time it was very difficult but I would not change the lessons for anything because from them I began to learn the importance and meaning of how lean on God. Step by step with lots of support from a Plainfield practitioner my thinking started to change. When this happened things began to change around me. They weren’t always easy changes but needed for progress. Many blessings happened, way-marks along the way, that were encouraging to me.

Click below to listen to the chapter read aloud:

Rejoicing in Tribulation by Rev. Kratzer

Florence
    Participant

When I started to participate at Plainfield I was searching for a deeper relationship with God Emphasis added.

Yes, this searching is going on the world over, even for those who seem to have “everything.” If God is Infinite and we are His reflection it is clear we cannot be satisfied with anything finite including our knowledge of who we are.

Thus we read in the Lesson:
    SH 257 Who hath found finite life or love sufficient to meet the demands of human want and woe, — to still the desires, to satisfy the aspirations? Infinite Mind cannot be limited to a finite form, or Mind would lose its infinite character as inexhaustible Love, eternal Life, omnipotent Truth.
    8. 258: 3-6, Hence the unsatisfied human craving for something better, higher, holier, than is afforded by a material belief in a physical God and man.

From Webster’s 1828: FI’NITE, adjective [Latin finitus, from finio, to finish, from finis, limit.] Having a limit; limited; bounded; opposed to infinite, as finite number, finite existence; applied to this life, we say, a finite being, finite duration.
    Hence we seek and find God, find our true selves and are satisfied.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.