Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Selfishness

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Selfishness does not appear in the practice of Truth or Christian Science.” Mary Baker Eddy

“Is thy burden hard and heavy?
    Do thy steps drag wearily?
    Help to bear thy brother’s burden,
    God will bear both it and thee.” Hymn No. 360

I am grateful for all that I am learning here that is helping me let go of selfish thinking and acting. Before I got here I thought I was a pretty unselfish person and by the world standard, it probably looked that way because I was always giving and giving. Yet in all this giving I continued to be wrapped up in my problems and was unhappy. When I started to learn how pride and fear dominated my thinking, I began to realize much of my giving was godless, so naturally selfish. Sometimes it was a great struggle to stop thinking of myself so I could do work for God with a clean heart and listen to His direction. Doing Watches here was one of the first things that helped train my thought away from self and onto God. It has been such a freeing experience to be releasing a personal sense of myself as separated from God and gaining a relationship with Him. I am grateful to be learning these lessons here so I can practice this Science where before I was not getting results. It hasn’t been easy but my life has been blessed in this process.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.