Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Sets free the imprisoned thought

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – November 25th, 2018 Sets free the imprisoned thought

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“Christian Science explains all cause and effect as mental, not physical. It lifts the veil of mystery from Soul and body. It shows the scientific relation of man to God, disentangles the interlaced ambiguities of being, and sets free the imprisoned thought.” (Science and Health) This is what happened to me when I first began to work with a practitioner from this church. All my mixed-up thinking, all my anxieties and confusions began to get straightened out. While nothing ever made any sense to me, everything began to make sense. While life had not any meaningful purpose, life had now become rich with a God-given purpose. This transformation is what I see happening to the many people who have found and are finding our website. It is like watching poor caged and wounded birds find restoration, healing and a way of escape from the bondage of mortal mind – and it is always a wonder to behold for it is the amazing grace of God!

Florence
    Participant

And to become aware that in Truth no one is in bondage even now!! This is the gracious wonder that spurs the enthusiasm to share this Truth. I am grateful to learn along with that zeal not to cast pearls before swine, but to keep a selfless heart willing to help those who God lead my way to help…. ever praying to not lose the Love for the Christ idea, which enriches the desire to do this work for the glory of God and to bless mankind!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.