Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

sheep of His pasture

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

1. Psalm 100: 3
    “3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.”

This stood out to me this week since we just had a Bible study on the 23rd psalm. I love this Lesson which shows God is our Parent, Provider, who cares for all His creation. We did not create anything and we need to behave like the children of God.

Through practitioner support and the classes here I am learning to truly appreciated what God does for us. I am beginning to understand my part, as a sheep, is one who listens, follows and obeys the Shepard. Otherwise it is I who has strayed from the pasture. With repentance and reformation I can enter back into the fold but it is through the front door; not slipping in some side entrance.(I must go through the process of cleansing and correcting my thinking by working and proving this Science of Christ not float in on just words or other’s work)

From Science and Health this week that speaks to me of God’s care for us:
    “Father-Mother is the name for Deity, which indicates His tender relationship to His spiritual creation.”
    “Spirit duly feeds and clothes every object, as it appears in the line of spiritual creation, thus tenderly expressing the fatherhood and motherhood of God.”
    and
    from the Bible that speaks to me of how to remain in the pasture:
    “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.”
    “…walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,”
    “My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.’

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.