Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

shined in our hearts

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Matter – March 18th, 2018 shined in our hearts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” II Corinthians 4:6

“shined in their hearts; and in this light, they saw the glory of Christ; could not bear any secret, hidden, scandalous practices;” Gill’s Exposition of the Bible

This had me thinking of the Pharisees who hated the light Jesus radiated because it brought out the error in their thought. They did everything to silence his voice and discredit his works rather than repent and change. This created a hardness of heart. Those that received Jesus and let this light in were able to experience, “the inward man is renewed day by day.” II Corinthians 4:16
    I see if I allow the pharisaical thought of pride, self justification, fake peace, fear, superstition, dishonesty take hold, I am choosing to stay in the dark. One of the first things in coming to Plainfield that has meant so much to me was the open, honest, frank discussions. It help heal deep distress and wounds that were the result of unhealed error. There are so many examples of how the human mind tries to cover up evil. The price is too high! No matter how painful or difficult it is to face the Truth it must be done so evil can be destroyed. I am so grateful that this church keeps a standard of transparency based on Biblical principles and Mary Baker Eddy’s writings.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.