Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Smile More

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BarbaraO
    Participant

My Grandmother was taught by E. Kimball. So we grew up attending Christian Science churches in Boston and throughout New Jersey. We even took our children to the Plainfield church in the 60’s.
    Over the years I would hear “love God”, “love Jesus” from different churches. However, after reading this week’s lesson, I thought – when do we hear to love ourselves – the true spiritual reflection of God?
    I am allowed to love myself, that is who I am – God’s reflection. As I sense the spiritual love for myself, as a full representation of divine Mind, it reflects onto others. This does reach others! It makes them feel loved also.
    Smile more! Love reflects!

Michael Pupko
    Participant

Thank you; how true! Last night after the Testimony Meeting I found this on page 358 of Martha Wilcox’s ‘Addresses’; “All things are the spiritual evidence of Mind.” I thought; “That means mankind which includes me.” Reading this post now makes me so grateful for more evidence how this Plainfield Church demonstrates the One, divine Mind in all the infinite gifts that come through all that is done here!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.