Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Some Notes on True Vision by John Morgan

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Love — August 1st, 2021 Some Notes on True Vision by John Morgan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

While we study the Lesson Sermons on the synonyms for God, I also love to refer to the pamphlet “Some Notes on True Vision” by John Morgan (found on our website). Mr. Morgan takes each synonym and beautifully applies it to our vision, and vision is so important to all aspects of our lives. The following are a couple of excerpts from what he wrote about the synonym “LOVE”:
    “LOVE beholds me as its own beloved. The divine Mother, Love, conceives me as complete and perfect. I reflect this divine conception and accept it, and so conceive and behold everyone in Love.”
    “‘I saw the love of God encircling the universe and man, filling all space, and that divine Love so permeated my own consciousness that I loved with Christ-like compassion everything I saw. This realization of divine Love called into expression the beauty of holiness, the perfection of being which healed and regenerated and saved all who turned to me for help.’ (attributed to Mrs. Eddy. From “General Collectanea” published by Gilbert Carpenter Jr.)”

Ldshap
    Participant

Thank you for this post! When I read “I saw the love of God encircling the universe and man, filling all space, and that divine Love so permeated my own consciousness that I loved with Christ-like compassion everything I saw” I was reminded of what the mother of the child said in her testimony about when Mrs. Eddy healed her little girl of the boil on her head (The Healer – The Healing Work of Mary Baker Eddy, pp. 120-121):

“I wish I could make the world know what I saw when Mrs. Eddy looked on those children….I saw for the first time the real Mother-Love….It is impossible to put into words what the uncovering of my own lack of the real Mother-Love meant to me. As I…walked toward the line of trees in the front yard, there was a bird sitting on the limb of a tree, and I saw the same Love, poured out on that bird that I had seen flow from Mrs. Eddy to my children. I looked down at the grass and the flowers and there was the same Love resting on them. It is difficult for me to put into words what I saw. This Love was everywhere, like the light, but it was divine, not mere human affection. I looked at the people milling around on the lawn and I saw it poured out on them….It was not only everywhere present, like the light, but it was an intelligent presence that spoke to me, and I found myself weeping as I walked back and forth under the trees and saying out loud, ‘Why did I never know you before? Why have I not known you always?’…When we got back to the hotel, there was no boil on my child’s head.”

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you Louise! I love this healing so much and am so grateful you posted it here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.