Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Some Notes on True Vision

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Some Notes on True Vision

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rae
    Participant

Thank you for reprinting the pamphlet by John L. Morgan, Some Notes on True Vision. I keep it in a basket of uplifting CS material available at your bookstore. This morning I was feeling rather dismayed about the “masking of society”. My hand was guided to page 11, LOVE, where I found the remedy for peace.

“The light of ever-present Love illumines the universe.” I see that every idea is at rest,–never frustrated or thwarted, never tense,–and so my vision “rests in action”**and is at peace and satisfied. Love’s viewpoint confers impartiality, forgiveness, constancy. As Shakespeare has it:

“…Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:
    O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
    That looks on tempests, and is never shaken…”

I look with the eye of spiritual innocency and behold not evil, for we are in the divine presence. I behold man in Love and blot out all sense of imperfection, all fear and dislike. I look with the eye of Love’s benevolence and behold in man all the hues and qualities of God…

Mrs. Eddy’s words go on to say, “I saw the love of God encircling the universe and man, filling all space, and that divine Love so permeated my own consciousness that I loved with Christ-like compassion everything I saw. This realization of divine Love called into expression the beauty of holiness, the perfection of being which healed and regenerated and saved all who turned to me for help.” (General Collectanea)

Thank you again, Plainfield CS Church, Independent for making the Truth so readily available on your powerful website.

Joyful blessings,

Rae

Rae
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I was happy to listen to Some Notes on True Vision this morning! Thanks for referencing it in the daily email. All of your resources are so helpful not only to read but to listen to. No excuse for anyone falling asleep to the truth. 😀

Joyful blessings,

Rae

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.