Topic: Son of David? | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Son of David?

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gary 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Gary
    Participant

After Jesus healed the man who was both blind and dumb, all the people who witnessed the healing were amazed and said, “Is not this the son of David?” They could only see a human being (son of David) performing a miracle. They did not see God at work. It was even worse with those Pharisees who accused Jesus of casting out devils by the devil himself. Jesus had to deal with this dull, confused, materialistic thought all the time. So did Mrs. Eddy. So does every good practitioner of Christian Science. The dull materialistic thought, or so-called mortal mind, is incapable of seeing God at work, and, yet, that is the key to recognizing reality.

When I first arrived in Plainfield, I thought it was such a leap of faith to trust my spiritual sense, rather than any human intellect. But as I practiced, it became easier, and is still becoming easier, as I see now that it is the only way to hear God and to recognize Him at work in my life. I thank a good practitioner and teacher in the Plainfield church for helping me to yield my mortal sense of “mind” to the divine Mind.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.