Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Sought in Soul

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deder
    Participant

2. 60 : 29-31
    Soul has infinite resources with which to bless mankind, and happiness would be more readily attained and would be more secure in our keeping, if sought in Soul.

It’s through my practice of Christian Science and my study at Plainfield, that I am learning to look to God (the source of all good) for all good things. If I am solely seeking good in, or depending on, someone or something, I will inevitably experience upset, disappointment, or loss at some point when my expectations are not met.

God is infinite and ever present good, and I’m finding that it’s for this reason that happiness is more readily attained and secure in my keeping when I seek it in Soul (God).

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by deder.
    Florence
    Participant

390 : 9-11 Truth will at length compel us all to exchange the pleasures and pains of sense for the joys of Soul.
    Truth is certainly compelling us all to find our happiness in Soul. Thanks to Mrs Eddy for her revelation.It is
    indeed what will save all mankind.

Lil
    Participant

This statement on 390:9-11 really struck me as well. This is God’s plan–His compelling plan for us all. Seeking God with our whole heart and soul will fill us with the joys of Soul.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.