Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Speaking with authority

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality — March 29th, 2020 Speaking with authority

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

In this week’s lesson Genesis 1:26 reminds me that “… God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion…”
    Dominion–Supreme authority (1828 Dictionary)

Also Matthew 21:23 “And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching,
    and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?”
    Matthew 22:29 “Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.”
    Authority–Legal power, or a right to command or to act.

These passages reminded me of a statement that I copied down from a sentinel years ago that says “The source of Truth by its very nature is an orderly whole; all encompassing, supreme. This means that when we decisively and unremittingly acknowledge any single spiritual fact, we can be assured that the authority and power of the whole Science moves logically into action in support of that acknowledgment. Fear is then impossible” This really helped me to feel the power and authority that I have from God when speaking the truth to any form of error.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.