Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Spiritual and Immortal Reality

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality – September 29th, 2019 Spiritual and Immortal Reality

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

I do wonder sometimes how people first accepted that the world was NOT flat but round? The reaction to the Truth of Being as spiritual, immortal, must be the same and probably worst? It is radical, revolutionary. And we have all grown up with this perpetuating lie of material self-hood for years. The infinite blessings that does come to anyone who “admits, claims, declares and understand” spiritual immortal being makes us all yearn that people may come to our website empty, hungering for what they’ve probably spent years seeking and find the Truth at last.

SH 335: Spirit, God, has created all in and of Himself. “Himself” is Spirit, hence I cannot be anything but spiritual. Sounds elementary? Yet that is the one thing I better be knowing for myself and all continually in order to feel the all –harmonious of my true being! (Our Father which art in heaven, Our Father-Mother God, all-harmonious). As I start to “get” this, I start to see how IMPOSSIBLE the lies and the law of the lies are and have been.

As Mrs. Eddy says in the Redbook pg. 80, “I don’t care what mortal sense has done; I don’t care how it has beat me, and worked me, and insulted me, wronged me and lied to me, and tortured me. It is all past and it is a dream. I have found Love at last. I can lie down in the Father’s arms and be at peace. I love God supremely.”

We are awake on our immortal, spiritual journey…“Onward, Upward, Heavenward, Outward.” Can’t be fooled NOW!!

KarenM
    Participant

Thank you. This post reminds me of watch #122 where Carpenter says “There is no false testimony more persistent than that the sun moves in relation to the earth; yet that constant evidence has not the slightest power to force enlightened people to accept it is true. If persistence gave false testimony power, then that daily illusion would surely have power over us. Yet it has none. We should adopt this same attitude toward error, namely, that the continuation of its false claims and testimony has no power whatsoever to make us believe in it, once we have learned its illusive nature.” Thank God!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.