Topic: Spiritual living and blessedness | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Spiritual living and blessedness

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Matter – September 17th, 2017 Spiritual living and blessedness

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chardelle 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

spencel
    Participant

“Spiritual living and blessedness are the only evidences, by which we can recognize true existence and feel the unspeakable peace which comes from an all-absorbing spiritual love.” Mary Baker Eddy

Often I would read “spiritual living and blessedness” and wonder how I could attain the unspeakable peace. Now I am learning it is practicing this Science in daily life, following Jesus’ teachings, that Mary Baker Eddy explains in her written work and demonstrated in her life. For me this first required honesty, both with myself (paying attention to my motives) and with others (being true to myself). The strong desire to please others and solve their problems had to be replaced with obedience to God. I had a tendency to want things to be smooth and comfortable believing this was peace but it never worked for very long often making things much worse. I am learning true peace comes from striving to be like Christ, a living principle; a living faith. Christian Science correctly taught, found at this church, has been helping me understand God better which helps me be more obedient to His precepts. I am very grateful for this practical Science.

Susanne
    Participant

Amen! This is a beautiful quote by Mrs. Eddy. The world is clamoring for peace, and to know that we have the opportunity to feel an “unspeakable peace” through “spiritual living and blessedness”, is precious!

chardelle
    Participant

Thank you! Since coming to our Plainfield Church I am learning that human so called goodness was not real spiritual living. I now see that much of what I did was done to keep human peace, not face the issues head-on and pretend that everything was okay. When we live with the Christ Mind …. waiting on God everything feels different and true Love is expressed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.