Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Spiritual sense

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – July 23rd, 2017 Spiritual sense

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

SH 272: 3-7 (to;)
    The spiritual sense of truth must be gained before Truth can be understood. This sense is assimilated only as we are honest, unselfish, loving, and meek. In the soil of an “honest and good heart” the seed must be sown;
    Often I wonder if I am really understanding what spiritual sense is and if I am truly demonstrating it. I find this statement by Mrs. Eddy to be a great comfort because I may not understand spiritual sense correctly, but I can certainly strive to be HONEST, UNSELFISH, LOVING, AND MEEK!

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you. I have been thinking a lot about this lately too. It is a good reminder, although we all innately have spiritual sense, it must be cultivated and enlarged and maintained by obedience to God and by giving expression to the graces of His Spirit – honesty, unselfishness, love, and meekness. How can we expect to hear the still, small voice within if we have allowed our thought to become clouded over with the false and aggressive suggestions of the carnal mind?
    “Come we daily then, dear Father, open hearts and willing hands, eager ears expectant, joyful, ready for Thy right commands. We would hear no other voices, we would heed no other call; Thou alone art good and gracious, Thou our Mind and Thou our All.” (Hymn #58)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.