Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Stand fast…

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

8. Galatians 5 : 1
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

In the time before coming to Plainfield, I felt that entanglement of the “yoke of bondage” that left me so heavy laden. Every person I tried to please, and human opinion I attempted to conform to, was like a rope tied tightly to me; and each one was pulling in a different direction. I am so grateful to God for bringing me here and for Christian Science showing me how to be freed from those tangles. I’m sure there are some left that need to be uncovered and severed, but I know for certain I would never want to be re-bound by all that mess! Every time I read this verse, it becomes more clear how far I’ve come and how unacceptable it would be to return.

How wonderful to experience this freedom, and to be pulled in only one direction: Toward God. What a blessing Christian Science, this church, and practitioner support is! Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.