Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Stand

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

Ephesians 6: 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    STAND – Author Unknown
    We must stand without wavering. There need not be much mental work done, “Be still and know that Iam God” is all that is really necessary. The harder you “work” mentally – sometimes – the more real the claim appears – so do as Jesus did – expect the – “WORD” – TO HEAL INSTANTLY.
    Now the next step is to hold fast to this – let this Christ rise in you. How? First practice Peace. Jesus said,” My peace I give unto you.” We do not recognize the importance of these words, nor of what Paul said – “None of these things move me.” Speak peace to the turmoil within – hundreds of times a day. Learn what the word means. Speak it to all things and persons, either verbally or mentally and especially to yourself.
    When you acquire quietness of heart, when knowing that you are one with – ALL THE POWER THERE IS, when you consciously feel peace because there is nothing else but that peace for God’s likeness, then you take the next step – possession. A sense of possession is as much a law of your being as the distinct eternal sense of health or the distinct sense of activity. Practice having this sense of all things and men having dominion over all things. Doesn’t Mrs. Eddy say, “God giving all , man having all that God gives?” Doesn’t that mean anything to you? I believe that this possession of what God gives us – and He gives all – is the step leading to the understanding of dominion – or that which gives us what seems to be lacking.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.