Topic: Staying On Track | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Staying On Track

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Staying On Track

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pam 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Pam
    Participant

I have been giving a lot of thought lately as to how the Christian Science Church, Independent has had a major impact on my progress in Christian Science. I have been a student of Christian Science all my life, have had class instruction, have attended meetings at the Mother Church including the college meetings they had years ago, have had the support of practitioners over the years and read many articles on Christian Science and have had healings (which I am very grateful for) however I had not felt in the past few years I was really making the spiritual progress that I should be.

One day a few years ago, I was perusing the Internet for something in particular regarding Christian Science and my eyes fell on a website entitled “Welcome to The Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent” – I had never heard of this church and was immediately interested in finding out what it was all about. The first thing I did was go right to the link on “About This Church” – I wanted to make sure that this church had credibility, because I was already aware of some of the unjustifiable things the Board of Directors at the Mother Church had been doing, such as expelling outstanding teachers for taking a stand on their teaching of Mrs. Eddy Place in her fulfillment of Bible Prophecy; there is much more but I will not go into it as it would take pages to list them all.

I found myself going to this website daily and reading everything it had to offer. I would listen to the informative Bible Studies and Roundtable Discussions that teach you how to grow and develop a spiritual sense – how to strictly follow the teachings of Mrs. Eddy and abide by the laws as given in the Christian Science textbook. All of this is there for the sincere seeker wanting to sincerely demonstrate the power of Christian Science – the word of God.

I now find myself throughout the day, checking my thought to see where it is – is it working in the spiritual realm or is it caught up with superfluous matter. I never did a mental check until I starting listening to the wonderful discussions provided by this Church – what you learn is invaluable and a real correcting rod for your thought and actions.

How grateful I am for this Church and all the work and effort that goes into the services, the Bible Studies, the Roundtable Discusions, the publications and finally the website that provides so much to people who may already be in Science and are searching for a deeper understanding
    of the Truth or ones who have heard of Christian Science and are searching and wanting to know more about this wonderful Science of Christianity that lifts you out of the nightmare known as matter into Spirit.

As Mrs. Eddy states in Science and Health – “You command the situation, if you understand that mortal existence is a state of self-deception and not the truth of being.”

Much much gratitude to this church for helping me to continue to grow in my understanding of God and staying on track.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.