Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Strangers

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

RESPONSIVE READING: II Corinthians 5
    18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
    19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Reconcile, abridged definition from the 1828 Webster’s Dictionary:
    to restore to friendship or favor after estrangement

Estrangement, abridged definition from the 1828 Webster’s Dictionary:
    a keeping at a distance

In “The Allegory” from Miscellaneous Writings, by Mary Baker Eddy, the Christ was the Stranger.

And from Science and Health, page 174, which was in the January 28th, 2018 lesson:
    Whoever opens the way in Christian Science is a pilgrim and stranger, marking out the path for generations yet unborn.

All this made me realize that we are inevitably strangers to something. Far better to become strangers to the unreal and untrue, and than to be a stranger to Love, Truth, health, purpose, and fulfillment. I am very grateful how Christian Science is inverting my old perspectives: What a constant blessing to be learning to live each day affirming the Christ as my best friend, instead of a stranger I deny from a distance. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.