Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Subject to The Higher Powers

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Romans 13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

All are subject to the higher powers! Funny how mortal man can deceive himself of having “power” he does not possess, or for anyone to believe that another has power over them; when in Truth there is ONLY one power and all are subject to this power. This false sense of domination of someone controlling us, some material law e.g. about food dictating how we should live, some cultural belief saying whether we should be happy or not, can have unfounded miserable effects! While to fearlessly KNOW this truth frees us.

JPalmer
    Participant

Thank you for this post!

Since the lesson for December 3rd, 2017, and the Roundtable from that week, I’ve been thinking of how God “can only be reflected, not transmitted.” (S&H, p. 517) This means, as discussed then, His power cannot be stored and redirected as we see fit.

Then I was thinking about how Mrs. Eddy says that “error comes to us for life, and we give it all the life it has.” If we cannot store power from the only power, or life from the only Life, then we are in no position to give error anything. God’s reflection certainly won’t empower error.

So all that can be left to error is the belief it can be given power, or that it has already been given life. Knowing through Science the impossibility of either of these things, there is no reason to even allow that delusion a toehold. I am very grateful that Christian Science is showing me how to put wrong thinking and living behind me. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.