Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

supremacy of Truth

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“The Scripture, ‘Thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many,’ is literally fulfilled, when we are conscious of the supremacy of Truth, by which the nothingness of error is seen; ….” Mary Baker Eddy

The Roundtable on Sept. 24 was a great preparation for this week’s lesson. The discussion on how much news we need to expose ourselves to, in order to pray for current issues both local and world wide, was very helpful. Below are the thoughts that I took away from the class.

The carnal mind (hate, jealousy, revenge, fear, competition, etc.), which appears very real, is not true of any person or profession and this can be proven through Christian Science prayer, that is correctly taught here.

When you delve into human situations deep enough, everything is wrong and material systems will always be found wanting and full of endless problems. So when you investigate a situation, let God lead and show you what you need to know. Keep what I take in short and simple, then get back into truth rather than take in more than I can handle. It is important to know what is going on and not to stick my head in the sand. Yet if I am engrossed and indulging in details it can drag my thought down. Either approach, I am not helping.

In my prayers I can ask God to open my eyes so I can behold the truth. It is important to keep the ratio of 10 affirmations to 1 denial to make sure that my thinking rises above mist rather than depress thought by going on and on with denials and making reality of error.

Some how this class really hit me and has given me a new awareness of how I am adsorbing the drama around me, both at home and in the world. This was a good reminder to be alert and disciplined every moment. As it says above, “be faithful over a few things…”(my thinking). I am grateful for the participant who asked the question that led to this powerful discussion and for the clear practical teachings here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.