Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Take Heed of Your Spiritual Heritage

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God the Only Cause and Creator – June 9th, 2019 Take Heed of Your Spiritual Heritage

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

What a glorious example Christ Jesus gives us to also identify ourselves correctly. He never once mentions any material birth.

In the following verses He emphasizes His real being:

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
    John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

In humble obedience we must also relinquish those former beliefs about our origin and gratefully accept the reality of our being; it is the only way we are learning to reject mortal mind’s screaming of the vicious lies it continually tempts us with.

These are the blessings in store for us as we learn to identify with what is real about us, as part of the spiritually perfect individuality, made in God’s own image. Made perfect, is perfect and will forever be perfect… because God made us so:

1 John 4:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:
    1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Thanks for Mrs. Eddy’s emphasis to get this understanding and adhere to it, in order to free ourselves…SH 418:5-6 Stick to the truth of being in contradistinction to the error that life,substance, or intelligence can be in matter…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.