Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Thank you for the Testimony Meeting and Bible Study

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Thank you for the Testimony Meeting and Bible Study

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Colleen Mostika
    Participant

Thank you so much for last Wednesday’s Testimony meeting themed: ” Fear not, Trust Love’s Constant Care.” It has been so helpful to me this week in facing down many fears. I am learning that when I walk with God and do his will, I don’t have anything to worry about. I do not wish for anyone, anything but Love’s constant care. What is better than that? Nothing! God’s will is always right and the most loving answer to all situations, even if I do not understand it at the moment. Through the teachings at this Church, I am learning to trust God with everything moment by moment. To be meek and wait for God to show me the way and not be concerned with how things may seem to look on the surface. I know that God doesn’t make mistakes, in my own ignorance I do make mistakes. So, to put all my trust in God relieves a heavy burden off my shoulders and has given me great peace.
    What impressed me so much in this week’s Bible Study on Peter and John was their absolute humility and there unshakeable trust in God and his Word made manifest through Christ Jesus. Although these two apostles were of the highest spiritual nature next to Christ Jesus, they sinned,too. Peter had denied Christ Jesus three times before the cock crowed. Peter and John both slept in Gethsemane when Christ Jesus asked them to “Watch” with him. Yet, they knew that God is always present and loves and heals all through His Word. It gives me comfort to know that whatever error I have entertained, I can at once repent and turn my thought up to God he will take me in. God never lets go of us! In Miscellany, Mary Baker Eddy writes on page 119:32: “St. John found Christ, Truth in the Word which is God.” These men were so wise and understood that the Truth was in the Word of God and not in any person. We, too can turn our thought at once to God, Truth, and our salvation will be at hand. Thank you Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent for sharing your loving ideas of Truth!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.