Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

…that cast you out for my name’s sake…

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God The Only Cause And Creator – June 5th, 2016 …that cast you out for my name’s sake…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carol
    Participant

“Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.” (Isa. 66:5)

“…that cast you out for my name’s sake….” This made me think of people who judge others (usually–probably always–from self-righteousness), who may think that someone else is not as “good” a person as they feel they should be.

Our only duty is to “love one another” and to see each other as God sees them—as His beautiful child, each created for a holy purpose. If someone is busy judging or criticizing others, they’re not doing the work God has for them to do—it is left undone. Not a good place to be!

barbw
    Participant

Thanks for this reminder. Just what I needed tonight!

spencel
    Participant

Thanks for this post. This week I kept coming across the word judgment. I have always found the idea unclear because I got the idea of having good judgment confused with judging others. I decided to look deeper into this. I wanted to share the definition I found in case it might help someone else.

1828 Webster’s: Judgment

In Scripture, the spirit of wisdom and prudence, enabling a person to discern right and wrong, good and evil.

Give the king thy judgments, O God. Psa 72.

Rightly to understand and discern.

He that is spiritual, judgeth all things. 1 Cor 2.

synonyms: discernment, perception, discrimination, wisdom, prudence, powers of reasoning, reason, logic

All important qualities. I realized all these years I have been trying to do this through human effort rather than turning to God who is the source of all. Human effort was at best inconsistent and can be tricked. Then there is always the pride of accomplishment or shame attached.

Also from 1828 Webster’s

3. To censure rashly; to pass severe sentence.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. Mat 7.

Here is another statement I came across this week discussing this type of behavior-” the other meaning of judgmental has to do with being overly critical in an unhelpful way,” This was a defining statement for me, to keep the concept simple and recognize when I slip into this dangerous and unkind mode of thinking either toward myself or another.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by spencel.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.