Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Beauty of the Bible

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind – August 20th, 2017 The Beauty of the Bible

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Pupko
    Participant

When I took Christian Science class instruction we were all asked what we thought of the Old Testament. At that time the Bible was all new to me and I honestly answered, “I do not like the Old Testament” because there are many parts that appear to be not very nice. Since coming to Plainfield, my softened stance on this part of the Bible has turned to Love due to the Bible Studies that have taught me to better extract the spiritual meanings from all the stories.

This weeks lesson with the portion of Daniel is such a case; when Daniel is presented with a ‘problem’ that is all the ‘wise men’ of which he is part of are to be slain, he goes back to his fellow ‘church members.’ Together they ‘watch’ and through their ‘unity’ the answer from God comes to Daniel; what he needs to do and the ‘human’ footsteps to take under direct compliance with God’s will. Exactly what I know I need to become better at!! Thank you for this timely lesson because it shows me how to better deal with our current ‘political’ situation from seeing how Daniel dealt with their ‘political’ situation, always prayer first!

The beauty to me is how Mrs. Eddy was able to take the Bible and make it a working, systematic approach to understanding God. I had been struggling to do this even with her wonderful writings and am so grateful for this independent Plainfield church for opening up my ‘dormant’ understanding:)

chardelle

Wonderful…thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.