Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The cheerful giver

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bruce
    Participant

“God loveth a cheerful giver.” We all have something to give, an encouraging word, a helpful hand, and much more. The great well of love is not depleted when these seeds are sown. The great source of all good is infinite. Many people do what they do unwillingly or because someone else said to, so it is done without love and from a very small or limited approach. The cheerful giver loves and feels a sense of abundance. So we should examine the heart and see what it has purposed. Is the basis of action one of scarcity or abundance?

Sharon
    Participant

I used to think before learning Christian Science that I had to give something that cost a lot of money to be a cheerful giver. I needed to feel that I had sacrificed something that I had worked hard for. That was the human sense of giving.

Now I know even a smile or a kind word is being a cheerful giver if it is done with a pure motive and the love of God behind it. It is not the outward appearance, but what is in the heart.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.