Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Eternal Road of Life

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“God expresses in man the infinite idea forever developing itself, broadening and rising higher and higher from a boundless basis…To him belongs eternal Life.” (S&H)
    I found a quote from next year’s calendar statements, which was written by Mrs. Eddy, I found to be very helpful and relates well to this week’s Lesson. Mrs. Eddy says, “Instead of being bound for the grave we must know we are on the eternal road of Life, that has no sense of death.” I love the thought that we are on the “eternal road of Life” and also therein is not even a smidgeon of the suggestion of death. It is very important that we think of ourselves always in this way. There is no death! and we must rid ourselves of all the etcetera’s of growing old and/or thinking of ourselves and others as ever dying or aging. On this “eternal road of Life” there is only growing healthier, wiser, more lovely, braver, stronger, more joyful, every good thing – for God is expressing in us, “ the infinite idea forever developing itself, broadening and rising higher and higher from a boundless basis’!

Florence
    Participant

Thank You! It’s either this Eternal Road of Life or we forfeit all the good that are ours from our loving Father-Mother God!

janetm
    Participant

Thank your for this post. It has reminded me of the following statement that I memorized and use on a regular basis. I’m not sure where it originated. It is called Non-consent. “I do not believe in the necessity nor in the belief of the necessity of now or of ever passing through the belief called death. I do not believe that I am or that any one is under any such necessity therefor, I shall not and I will not consent to death.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.