Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The eyes were fastened on him.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Unreality — April 4th, 2021 The eyes were fastened on him.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.” Luke 4

“Fastened: Made firm or fast; fixed firmly; impressed.” (Websters 1828)

This same power is here with us now in Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy wholly based on the Bible and teachings of Christ Jesus. I ask myself, “Do I feel this same fastening on the Christ, Truth, in this book prophesied about in Revelation, that my focus is fixed firmly on the power and promises within it?” Mrs. Eddy told a student, “If you would be a good healer, study the life of Jesus.” (The Healer by David Keyston, page viii) She has given us a tremendous amount to study in her writings regarding Jesus. She proved her words by her healing work, more than any individual on earth since Christ Jesus.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.