Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Foundation Of Mortal Discord

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God The Only Cause And Creator – June 5th, 2016 The Foundation Of Mortal Discord

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 262 The foundation of mortal discord is a false sense of man’s origin. To begin rightly is to end rightly. Do I always go back to this right beginning?

This point cannot be emphasized too frequently, since it is how we begin, that determines a favorable outcome. Mrs. Eddy has given us so much to use in order to establish this Truth of right beginning.

SH 470 God is the creator of man, and, the divine Principle of man remaining perfect, the divine idea or reflection, man, remains perfect. ……. Man is the expression of God’s being.
    SH 491 Man’s spiritual individuality is never wrong. It is the likeness of man’s Maker.

If in working through any false claim I am not knowing that my efforts are to realize the spiritual unchanging perfection already there, then self enters in; as if to say i must change something or bring some good thing about. With all the errors that appear it remains our best work to always look to the Truth and hold steadfastly to the Truth of being (to what the ONLY creator) has made and called good. This applies to physical as well as any other claim.

chardelle

“If in working through any false claim I am not knowing that my efforts are to realize the spiritual unchanging perfection already there , then self enters in..” . Thank you. something just happened with a family member today and I came to the Forum looking for help. I will hold to this. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.